10.18.2010

Virgina Beach

I feel like I could be sick right now. I've never wanted to be back at the beach so badly. I just spent the most wonderful weekend at a beach house in Virgina Beach with all of my great friends from North Carolina. And what do I get greeted with when I came back to Atlanta? A bill from Emory for $999.62 for my MRI. That doesn't even include the doctor's visit prior to the MRI or the the next visit I need to go back and hear the results. I feel like having no insurance at all would be cheaper than my HMO insurance. Lesson learned. The frustrating part is that there was no way to know what I would have to pay prior to going for the MRI. I called my insurance company and I called the pain clinic. All they could tell me was that I was covered for this procedure. Healthcare reform needed? Most definitely.

Anyways, let's look back at some of the photos from the weekend. I warn you. There's quite a few...

We had a lot of delicious food this weekend.
Bruce in the kitchen trying to show off his cooking skills. Anybody surprised? :-)


Mira mixing up the cornbread.

New favorite beverage. Limeade, vodka, and tonic water. Yum!

Nothing beats Hank's face in this photo :-)

How cute!





Time to play in the sand. Ladderball, soccer, sand frisbee (not nice), and hand stands!

This is a dangerous sport. Watch out for flying legs.
It also looks like Mira only has one arm in this photo... that is some talent!




Eric, Katie, Brooks, Keegan



Rhonda, Doug, Eli, and baby #2


Casey, Matt, and Arlo

3 comments:

  1. Love the one of you doing a handstand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fun time! And totally frustrating about the bill - hopefully it's an error. About the only doctor I know that tells you how much services are going to cost beforehand is my ob/gyn...and then they BILL in FULL beforehand...very annoying. Will keep my fingers crossed you don't end up owing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megs,
    Great pics, it was a fantastic time, thanks so much for making the effort to come! Sorry about the healthcare system, you and Steve should move to Canada!!
    Doug

    ReplyDelete