9.16.2012

Happy 31st Birthday to Steve!

Happy 31st Birthday to Steve!  We had a pretty low key week. It was very enjoyable though. We went to Mellow Mushroom and then ate homemade chocolate chip cookies on Tuesday for Steve's actual birthday.  We ventured up to north Georgia to one of Steve's restaurants, Cucina Rustica. We had cooler weather for our drive up to Blue Ridge.  It was delightful. Some photos from the week.

Ravi's surprise birthday celebration on July 30th.

Steve opening presents.
 

 Homemade chocolate chip cookies!


Our drive to north Georgia on Saturday.
 

Steve in lasagna heaven.





22w2d. Can't believe I've already made it to 22 weeks. I still have a couple of weeks before I'll have anymore updates from my doctor. I'm more consistently feeling her move, although it's a very subtle feeling. I'm definitely starting to feel more sleepy. Other than that, I'm doing pretty well. I keep saying this, but I just can't imagine my belly getting any bigger, although I know it will. Although my belly physically gets in my way sometimes, I don't mind it. It's actually growing on me quite a bit.  It's still funny the things people say to pregnant people. My favorite so far... at 21 weeks gestation, one of my co-workers told me that I looked at least 8 months pregnant when I was wearing a black dress. Who says that?!  It gave me a good laugh if nothing else. I'm fully out of my scrubs that I'm supposed to wear for work. I have to wear my own scrubs that fit more loosely.

Our crib came on Saturday! I think I'll hold off on showing pictures of it since there's no linens on it yet. My mom is doing all the bedding (crib skirt, bumper, fitted sheets, blankets, pillows, etc). I can't wait to see how it all comes together! She has such beautiful pink linens to work with! Fun!  Steve and I had to rearrange the room to make the crib fit in one of our two bedrooms. We're starting to box stuff up as you can see in the photo below.  More books and such are going out to storage so we can make room for baby girl H. I also boxed up all my non-maternity clothes today. We were quite productive! I'm getting excited to meet her although I know we have quite a ways to go.

 I need a better flash on my camera
so there isn't a shadow that makes me look a couple inches larger than I already am :-)


3 comments:

  1. The cookies and the dinner look awesome. And I love the belly. Go outside next time (and don't do the naked belly! haha) to not have to use the flash. Funny, though. It is hard to make out where your belly ends in the first photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. I like the naked belly pics so no going outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shadow is funny! You look great! I need to take a picture of my belly - it is getting ginormous. !!!!!

    ReplyDelete