She's starting to do a great job sleeping at night. She sleeps most of the evening, gets up to eat around midnight, then once more in the middle of the night. I couldn't be happier about this! She still makes noises in the middle of the night that wake me up regularly, but mostly she is fine staying in her crib or rock & play. She never sleeps in our bed the whole night, but I do bring her to our bed early in the morning. It allows us to get more sleep in the morning. She sleeps much better when she's near one of us. I love this cuddle time with her. It's one of my favorite parts of the day. Getting to sleep more has been such a blessing. I still get up a couple of times during the evening to pump so she can still get breast milk. Perhaps I'll post later about my thoughts on breastfeeding vs formula.
One month stats: 11pounds 1.5oz (90th percentile), 22.5 inches long (97th percentile), head circumference was the 94th percentile. She is a big girl, that's for sure! I just adore her rolls and her chubby cheeks. I'm actually starting to get some arm muscles from picking her up :-)
I'm looking forward to the 2 month mark so that we can take her out and about. Our pediatrician recommended waiting until she's 2 months old to get her around other people and crowds since the immune system of little babies isn't very strong. I think Emma will enjoy going out and seeing new sights and sounds now that she's getting more aware of her surroundings. And let's be honest, I can't wait to leave the apartment on a more regular basis for my own sanity. I go several days without leaving our apartment. Luckily, I haven't gone a full week yet since we have doctor's appointments to go to.
Here are a bunch of photos from the last week starting at 5weeks old. I'll post about the first month another time. All photos were taken on my iphone. I've taken so many photos of her that I reached max capacity on my iphone today. Woops! I really need to get better at taking photos with my digital camera.
I also love that I can take video clips on the iphone. Maybe in the future I'll put up a number of video clips as well.
Emma was starting to get pink eye again (for the 2nd time), so we restarted her eye drops. I tried to swaddle her with her arms in to keep her hands away from her eyes. I knew she wouldn't like it. Didn't take long for her to escape!
I adore her little feet!
She's very good at tummy time!
I just started using Instagram. Here is the first photo that I edited.
Here is the 2nd photo that I edited. I love this shot!
Emma hanging out with Steve while he studied.
Emma is related to me afterall :-)
This is the first photo that I've taken that I think she looks like me as a baby.
The next photo I took looked like Steve again. This photo gives you a glimpse of what she's been up to lately. She's been flailing her arms and legs for the past week. Pretty cute!
Emma's preferred position.
Emma giving her bunny a hug. In reality, she likes to suck on the bunny's head :-)
I love this little outfit. Although it's 3-6 month size, she's already starting to outgrow it.













YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merci!!
ReplyDeleteI love all of the photos! What a beautiful girl she is!!
ReplyDelete