3.12.2014

Suds update and our soon to be new house!

So I think I forgot to mention anything about our bedtime routine in my last blog post. After Emma brushes her teeth (she's starting to let us help her brush too- slowly making progress), we let her have a bottle in bed while I read to her. I read a few of our night time books, but we always read My Goodnight Book, which is a book that my parents read to me when I was little. At the end of the book, the little girl is kneeling at her bed, saying her prayers. As soon as we finish reading the book, Emma and I say our prayers. She watches me closely. She also puts her hand together to pray along with me. It's excessively cute.

We've been saying prayers all day for Suds. She had her brain surgery this afternoon to drain the cyst that has formed off her tumor. The surgeon said the operation went well and Suds is feeling good. I am so thankful. I just pray that she has a quick, non-eventful recovery. And I also pray that they get back to Memphis safely considering that they're having bad weather up in Minnesota right now, which is where they are. Hopefully God will give her guidance as to the best next steps, considering there are so many different opinions.

On a different note all together, here are some photos of our (soon to be) house. Ok, I couldn't narrow them down. So be ready for photo overload! All the photos are of outside the house and downstairs. I didn't have my phone out when we were upstairs. Don't worry- you're not missing too much. Upstairs feels small and the bathrooms are tiny. I'm not sure if Steve will actually fit in the master shower. It's a funny shower. But I think we will likely do some updating in the bathrooms to make them more liveable and I think it will help with resale too. And the bonus of the bathrooms being small is that it will keep cost down if/when we renovate them.

Kitchen

Eat in kitchen with skylights. One of my favorite parts of the house. There is a beautiful backyard (although not the most kid friendly). I am making a promise to myself now that I will get Emma a good backyard to play in at our next house.

A photo of the dining room, taken from the kitchen. 
We are planning to use the formal dining room as a playroom for Emma.

A photo of the entryway/hallway, taken from the kitchen

The den with a wood burning fireplace. This room is the largest in the house.

Another photo in the den.

Built in corner cabinet in the den. I really like this. Definitely adds a little charm to the house.

Double deck. We're thinking about putting a screened porch on the upper deck. I think we'd get a lot of use out of it, and it would be easier to stay dry when we get to our cars in the driveway too. That's the big drawback to not having a garage or even a portico at the front entrance- I'm afraid we will be getting wet on rainy days.

Small flat area in the backyard.
 

 Back entrance into the house


Extra storage area outside- next to where Steve is standing. Kind of makes up for the lack of a garage.

Front of the house

You can see the paint colors better in this photo

I think the house could use a little help with the landscaping. Dad, I'm putting you to work :-)

Our celebratory meal after we put an offer on the house. 
We were still waiting to hear back at this point.

Woodcroft, which is our new neighborhood, has a nice pool and even a slide, which are included with the HOA dues (which are less than $200/yr). 
They also have a lot of nice paved trails throughout the neighborhood.

Side view of the house

Another photo from the front

Our house is the one to the right- another side view photo

I don't think all of our current furniture will fit in the house. So we're starting to think about what to give away and what to keep. We're adding things along the way too. Suds is redoing this chair in vintage fabric that I love! She added feathers to the cushions to the chair to make it more cozy too! Suds is so crazy talented!




1 comment:

  1. Your new house is so beautiful! I absolutely love it!! So many charming features...your fireplace, the skylights, the built in bookcase, paint colors, lots of windows, hardwood floors. Your house has great curb appeal too! So happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete