4.19.2014

15 month Stats

We made it through another appointment with the pediatrician. Emma is not a fan! I guess what kid would be? We've been seeing a new doctor, Dr.Higginbotham, who is closer to our apartment. We've really liked him and he seems to be thorough, which is good. Emma doesn't like him getting near her though. He seems to be very impressed with Emma's strength. At a previous visit, he used a tongue depressor so he could get a good look at her throat. He thought that she was going to break the tongue depressor because of how strong she was fighting with her mouth. Ha! He said most kids start to do a little better with appointments by 2-3yo. So I'm hopeful this won't always be so difficult.

She had three vaccinations (HIB, Hepatitis B, and MMR). MMR is the first live vaccination that she's had, so he notified me that she could become febrile and develop a mild rash a week from the vaccination. Luckily, we haven't had any issues yet, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have to deal with fever and her not feeling well. At Emma's next check up, I think she's due for two more vaccinations, then we should be all set until she's 4-6yo (minus flu shots). Hooray!

 For her statistics, Dr.Higginbotham said that she's right on track compared to her previous visits. 

15 month stats

Head Circumference 48cm (I forget exactly where she falls in terms of percentile- but I think it was around 95th-97th percentile)

Weight 26lb 10oz (between 95th-97th percentile) - If I remember correctly, I thought she was at a slightly lower percentile before. But she really hasn't gained much wait in the last three months, so I was surprised. I guess it's all that running around. Overall, I'm glad she's keeping on track.

Length 33in (above 97th percentile) -I'm super curious to see if she ends up being tall. Steve and I are fairly average when it comes to height. My mom is taller than average for a girl and my brother is very tall at 6'2" So maybe there are some hidden tall genes? That would be fun. Based on my growth charts growing up, I was supposed to be a few inches taller than I actually am, so I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Here are some April photos on Picasa. Hoping to take lots more this weekend since it's Easter!

Happy Easter everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment