I love this time of year. There are so many things about it that make me happy. I love the weather. If California weren't so expensive and far away from my parents, I'd seriously considering moving there. I know Steve would like it too. This year has been especially nice. I think I just appreciate it more since we've had my parents' back yard for Emma to run around in. It's really beautiful with all sorts of flowers. We had Easter dinner, my birthday dinner, and many more dinners on their back patio. I'm trying to spend as much time as possible over there before our move. We sure will miss them and the rest of the family too. It's only 12 hours away but that seems forever in a car! I guess on a flight, it's not so bad.
Another reason that I love this time of year is my birthday! It was an especially good birthday this year. I loved having family to spend the evening with. I received so many generous gifts (flowers, chocolate covered fruit, gift card/money , and pottery/bowls). My parents also took me to see Eric Clapton down at Mud Island a few days before my birthday. That was a concert and evening I'll never forget. It was awesome! Boy do I feel loved!
Emma has had issues with separation anxiety lately. She gets hysterical when I take her to Mother's Day Out. The last time we went, she started crying when I got her out of the car. She knew where we were going. I know it's likely related to her age, so I assumed that she was fine a few minutes after I left. Well I found out otherwise recently. Apparently she's unsettled the majority of the time she's there. One of the teachers thinks it's because she's bored and there's not enough stimulation for her in the class. She's still in the infant class, along with her cousins who are a few months older than her. I feel pretty bad about her being unhappy the whole time she's there. Overall she's a happy baby when she's with me (minus her occasional meltdowns because she doesn't get her way), but that's also because of her age. I"m now starting to dread her being in daycare significantly more when we move to NC. I'm hoping that because it's a real daycare, they will keep them busy with activities and outside time. And therefore, she'll be happier... I hope. I'm looking forward to working some in NC but my heart breaks that I won't be with Emma nearly as much. In a perfect world, I'd be able to stay home with her, but I guess that's life.
Tonight we were saying our prayers like we usually do after our bedtime books. Sometimes Emma will even put her hands together to pray (if she's not holding a bottle). After I pray with her I tell her what we're doing. Talking to God because he made us and he loves us. Tonight for the first time, she put her hands together and said "God." I thought it might be a fluke. But she kept doing it while she put her hands together. Love! It was really cute. :-)
We recently bought Emma a little potty. It's too early to start potty training, but she likes imitating behavior. So she likes to sit on it. Sometimes she'll stand next to it, then try to to squat down to sit on it- but it's not under her- it's to the side of her. She'll get the hang of it eventually. I figure it doesn't hurt to let her sit there when she wants even while she's wearing a diaper.
We're still having trouble with clothes and shoes. Most of the time, she'll fight us while we put on clothes. I still haven't figured this one out. Perhaps she doesn't like to feel restrained? She still does not like blankets on her. She loves her blanket and lovie, but she holds them. They do not go on top of her to keep her warm. She's also particular about her shoes. She prefers her Keds over her sandals. I think her sandals gave her a blister when she first wore them. I'm sure that's why. She still has trouble with diaper changes. She does NOT want to sit still for diaper changes. I'm sure that will stay the same until she's out of diapers.
Emma and I are both fighting colds right now. Time for me to get some shut eye!
I'll work on uploading photos soon!
Books for 2012
14 years ago
Yessss, move to California!! :)
ReplyDelete