3.01.2015

Emma!

Emma is such a sweet pea at 2yo!

Here are her two year old stats (despite being 3.5weeks past her actual birthday)

She weighs 32lbs (94th percentile) and is 37.25in (99th percentile). She did really well and didn't cry one bit at her check-up (it helps that she didn't have any vaccinations).

You can check out Emma photos from January and February

Here is one of my favorites recently. Such a beauty!
 
I hope you enjoy my random tidbits about Emma who is just over 25months. I guess I can stop counting by months and just call her a 2yr old!

Emma is still a pretty good eater. She often times will try most foods, but we don't push her to eat things if she wants to spit them out when she doesn't like them. She has a good variety in her diet. She really loves fruit. She has been requesting strawberry smoothies a lot lately. Yum! If she likes what she's eating, she'll say "mmm" or "delicious." She also loves every kind of sauce you can imagine. She likes dipping her food into sauce. At Chick-Fil-A, she'll dip her nuggets into both ketchup and honey roasted bbq so it's totally covered :-)
She has come to LOVE chocolate. Instead of asking for "chocolate," she asks for "chocolate cake" even if it's a M&Ms or Hershey Kisses that she wants. So we're trying to teach her the difference there. It's important to know all forms of chocolate ;-)

Emma is a girlie girl and loves her princess dresses. Her favorite by far is her Anna coronation dress. In the car this weekend when we were listening to the Frozen soundtrack, when the song came on that Anna wears the coronation dress, she got really excited and kept asking to put on her coronation dress when she got home. I was impressed she was able to remember what song was playing when Anna was wearing that dress. Speaking of Frozen, she absolutely loves that movie. Well maybe not as much as Mickey Mouse, but it's definitely one of her favorites. She knows most of the words to most of the songs and sings along. It's excessively cute. It's hard to get a video of it because she will stop singing if she sees you recording. Half the time she makes me sing too but the other half the time she tells me to stop :-) The girl has opinions! She loves singing other kid songs as well. She's gotten pretty good at singing her ABCs and she can count to 12 or so. With the ABCs, she learned the beginning and the end first. Now she's working on the middle. She kind of skips over LMNO when she's singing the alphabet. Or it blurs together anyways. But she gets better all the time.

I think her favorite color is pink (or that's what she usually says when you ask), but her favorite color to paint with is blue.

Speaking of opinions, she is very particular about what she wears. It's not always my first choice in terms of what she wears, but usually I don't feel like it's worth a fight. It takes long enough to get her ready in the morning before work.  She's doesn't tend to like anything new. Our last trip to buy her tennis shoes was a mess. She fought us most of the time (except when she put neon shoes that lit up, which happened to be about 10sizes too big for her). The one thing that we've learned that she likes is pockets. Pretty cute. My guess is that she sees her daddy with shirts that have pockets, so she likes them too.

She's very particular about her diapers. The Pampers swaddler diapers that we use have Sesame Street characters on them. She only likes the "Elmo make happy" diaper. There are several characters and there are two different versions of Elmo. She only likes the diaper with Elmo smiling on it. Thank you Pampers :-/  We realized this weekend that she thought the other Elmo had a sad face, so she didn't want that one. We had a week-long battle with her because she would have a fit and freak out if you put any of the other diapers on her. She still lets you know that she wants "Elmo make happy" diaper but we've made progress and she'll take the other ones too.

She's not waking up every night. She still wakes up some nights but goes back to sleep pretty easily. We've been good about not giving her a milk sippy cup in bed before bedtime. Her pediatrician got on to us for that. Rightfully so. So we changed our habits immediately. She still drinks a ton of milk and even has a sippy right before sleepy time, but then we're good and brush her teeth. We've gotten really good about brushing her teeth (thank you Sylvie)! We Skyped one night and Emma saw Sylvie brushing her teeth, so she was convinced. The other trick was getting her "silly strawberry" toothpaste. I hadn't realized that would make such a big difference.

Her language is really coming along. She copies a lot of words. She's talking in short sentences, although we don't understand everything. It's cute when there's something she likes or is wowed by, she'll say "Wow!" I need to try to get that on film! She has gotten really good about saying please and thank you. I absolutely love it when I don't have to prompt her and she says thank you. The other morning when we were saying our prayers before school, I was saying what I was thankful for and said how I was thankful for Emma. And Emma chimed in (usually she'll sit and listen with her hands together in "prayer" position) and said thankful for Mommy. I thought my heart might explode.

The other day she called me her best friend. Love! So we've been asking her lately who her best friend is. Often times she'll say "mommy" but sometimes she'll say "daddy" instead :-) She definitely loves her Daddy a lot. Not sure if she'll be a Mama's girl or Daddy's girl. Right now she's both. Depending on the day, she'll request one of us over the other.

Some of her favorite activities are still probably playing with her kitchen while pretending to cook/eat and playing "Lego party" with her "Lego buddy." She loves playing with the Lego teddy bear and bunny rabbit. She calls the bear "Teddy" and calls the rabbit "Ribbit." She has a new favorite activity as well... jumping in muddy puddles. Well not literally. She loves watching Peppa Pig (it's our favorite kid show). It's pretty awesome. And Peppa and her family like to jump in muddy puddles. So Emma likes to pretend. She puts on her rain boots and makes me put on my rain boots and we jump on our braided rug seat cushions (which she pretends are muddy puddles). And she'll exclaim that she's getting "so muddy!" :-)  She has also been loving playing with bubbles. It's cold outside so we're not out there much but we ventured out there this past week while it was snowing to blow bubbles. Fun!

We had a pretty hard week earlier this month with tantrums. It can be very wearing dealing with tantrums. Often times, I think she's hungry or tired when she's having these tantrums. Often times by the time I'm able to get to her after work, she's initially very excited to see me. By the time we get to the car and get home, she's usually a mess. We do time-outs when she's out of control and we need her to calm down. I'd say for being two, what I"ve noticed is that she is very opinionated, strong-willed, and independent. I guess that's what makes this age hard. But it's also one of my favorite ages because she's SO sweet and loving. She loves to cuddle and spend time with us. She still likes us to pick her up a good bit. Because of her sweetness, I would be happy if she stayed this age forever. I hope she's always an affectionate little girl.

We are still falling asleep in her room with her. I'd say that I do more than Steve, but he does on occasion as well. Half the time I stay the whole night on her floor with her. I know it's not the best habit. But I sleep well in there and I don't mind. She's so sweet when she cuddles at night. I know eventually we'll have to get her to sleep on her own, but I don't feel the need to rush it. She's only young once.

In terms of her looks, I'm starting to think she looks more like me as a kid. For the longest time, I thought she favored Steve, but I don't think that as much anymore. I still see both of us when I look at her. She still has Steve's exact hands. It's crazy! Her hair is definitely blonde, although it seems to be getting a little darker on the top of head. Possible since she's been wearing a hat whenever she's outside. It'll be interesting to see if it gets lighter as summer comes and we're outside more (without a hat).

Here's a fun story from today before I call blogging quits today. Emma told Steve that she wanted to ride a horse with me. She told Steve that he was too big to ride a horse, so he would have to ride a pig instead. Ha! She really does love animals, so I"m sure we'll have to do horse camp when she gets a little older. 
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment