5.03.2016

It's been so long since I've posted, it's hard to know where to start.

I'm almost 35weeks gestation. This pregnancy has been significantly harder than my pregnancy with Emma. From vericose veins to leg cramps to heart burn to an uncomfortably over active baby to being way overheated to fatigue, I'm so ready to meet this sweet girl. I'm thankful the nausea/vomiting is over and hasn't come back so far. I'm SO thankful for a healthy pregnancy so far, so I really can't complain. I'm not sure if it's age since I'm 3.5yrs older this time or if it's just this little girl... or probably both. I'm hoping and praying that I don't go past my due date since they will not consider an induction until 41weeks gestation. I've been feeling nervous about delivery since my last delivery was less than ideal. I feel somewhat better that I've had an anesthesia consult and am hopeful to have a working epidural this time. I'm also a little nervous about what we'll do if I go into labor before Suds gets to town. Our neighbors have been so generous to offer to watch Emma and even come sleep at our house if I go into labor in the middle of the night. I'm not sure how Emma will do with that, considering she often times wakes up and calls us into her room to sleep with her. So we'll likely use our neighbors if Suds isn't here, but if I go into labor at night, we'll likely bring Emma to the hospital with us.

Emma has been the biggest sweetheart when it comes to my belly. She's always giving my belly hugs and kisses. She likes talking to "baby haha" and even sings to her sometimes. I need to get some photos of Emma by my belly so I never forget this time. As hard as the pregnancy has been, I feel like my heart has grown immensely just watching Emma's love for her sister. She's so excited to have a sister.

Emma has been so much fun. She's definitely turning into a little kid. We painted her toenails for the first time last week (her request). She really, really wanted blue nail polish. In Emma's world, everything needs to be blue since that's her favorite color. We settled on blue sparkly nail polish for her toenails only (she still puts her hands in her mouth on occasion).

One of my favorite things about Emma's age is watching her language grow. I've started a little diary of sorts, essentially documenting one cute thing every day that she says or does. I haven't been the best about keeping up with it as well as I should, but I'm glad that I've done it. I don't want to forget the cute things she says. Well except the one time recently that she was "telling jokes" with Steve (which they love doing) and Emma randomly mentions how big my booty is... ha! Fair enough, I'm definitely bigger pregnant than I normally am. :-)

Her favorite take-out foods are Chick Fil A and the asian food bar at Harris Teeter. She likes going out for pizza too. She's done a little better recently with foods and not being as picky. We usually don't push her too much to eat foods that she doesn't want. Usually all we have to do is let her know she can have a piece of chocolate for dessert if she eats her dinner, and that usually does the trick :-)

We've had a rough patch with daycare. It's pretty inconsistent how she does with drop offs. She had a month or so that she was kicking and screaming and trying to escape her class to come and get me. It's hands down the hardest part of parenting for me. One of her teachers actually took me aside because she clearly was having trouble (even at home) for a month or so. She thought it was related to me being pregnant and Emma being aware that change is coming. I've absolutely adored this teacher (Ms.Tracy) and the support she's given us. Emma has been doing better lately (well except for drop off today). Ugh. It's so hard to figure out and as soon as you think you have it figured out, they outgrow the phase. I'm hoping she does better with dropoffs once the baby comes. Wishful thinking, I know.... but a girl can hope!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry daycare drop offs still stink. I hated that phase with Sylvie! Will is fine on Sundays mostly, but sometimes he cries. It's much, much easier to leave with him standing at the door waving bye.

    With kids, the older the better, I think. (before they get too old and don't like you anymore, not looking forward to that!) 3,4,5,6 years! Man! The best! They can talk, they can go to the potty by themselves, they are able to do so much more, which means you can do so much more. Whenever Will is acting a fool I say to myself, "He'll be 5 one day. I can't wait 'til he's 5. One day. Oh, 5."

    Can't wait to see the new baby! Oh I wish I could come! Sylvie is very upset about it. I just keep telling her, and myself, that life isn't fair. She's been so grumpy about it. Blah. We'll have to work something out!

    ReplyDelete