1.29.2010

Scarves, etc.

So let me start by saying, I love decorating. Here is the entryway and dining area of our apartment. I have been telling Steve for quite some time that this new addition to our apartment would be my first post because I love scarves so much. Really, I love all sorts of fabric. I get this love from my mom, except she is much more talented than I am. She can buy fabric and do just about anything with it with her sewing machine. I just find fabric I like and make my mom turn it into something, such a number of the scarves in the photo.

Part of my scarf collection.

Our Simon Pearce collection.

Our wall decoration in the dining room. The shutter started in the Atlanta house where my mom grew up in the 1950s. My grandma took it with her to their Darien house, and I found it in their basement years ago. And so the shutter makes it back to Atlanta.

One of our amazing tie-dyed napkins from Kathy and some pottery.

4 comments:

  1. Didn't know that about the shutter. Neat! And loving every darn thing you took a pic of. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take one of everything on the Simon Pearce display and the fabulous lamp too. Oh, I like your scarves, too! I need more scarves but adding accessories to my morning 5-minutes-to-get-dressed-routine wouldn't really work. (Sigh.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg that like to the urban grace blog is outdated - click on it and you'll see.

    PS. Looking for a Steve post.... :)

    PPS. This is Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fun that you are starting a blog :)

    ReplyDelete