Kathy came over this past Friday afternoon to hang out and help me with some cooking. Since Steve's birthday was Saturday, I decided to take Friday off of work so I could do some food preparations before his birthday. You'll see the sweets that were made in the next blog post. I thought the lasagna deserved its own blog, just to make sure it is not forgotten. Steve has talked about me making him lasagna since the day we got married. Clearly, making lasagna does not happen after coming home from work during the work week. So I was pretty excited to surprise him with his favorite homemade dinner right before his birthday! I promise that Kathy and I did not mess up on the order of the recipe or leave any ingredients out. :-)
Kathy was quite the pro with making the lasagna noodles al dente. Well done, Kathy.

I took photos at pretty much every step of the layering process. Fresh mozzarella, anybody?

2/3 with a beef and pork combo. 1/6 with eggplant. 1/6 plain.

The final product before entering the oven. Proof that it is in fact homemade.

Not the best photo quality without the flash, but you get the idea of the lighting.

Bon appetit!

Steve, I now have picture evidence that I did in fact make you lasagna!!!!! :-D
Super cute Meg! Such the housewife, that Steve is a lucky guy! Hope you guys had a great birthday weekend!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Watch your mailbox!
ReplyDeleteReady for you to make me lasagna. : )
Looks like a wonderful birthday weekend!
yummmm -- what dish are we going to make next?
ReplyDelete