9.07.2010

Labor Day Weekend

This past holiday weekend was so unbelievably refreshing. The weekend consisted of lounging at the pool, going to the drive-in, cleaning our apartment and my car, and driving up to north Georgia to hike at Tallulah Gorge. Here are some photos of Tallulah Gorge. I wouldn't call it a hike actually. I'd call it climbing stairs since that was the majority of the "hike." Yowsers, we ventured up there on Sunday, and my body is still feeling it today. That's what I call a work-out!

This trading post was a cultural experience to say the least. We conversed with the shopkeepers who were missing teeth, had quite a drawl, and seemed to be a little on the crazy side. Even more impressive was the diversity of products. I think our favorite was the half used bottle of bubble bath. What?! Yes, I'm serious. At least Katie came out of the trading post with an authentic washboard. Nice!


We climbed to the bottom.

And then made it to the top.

I couldn't get too close to the edge. I do NOT like heights, which also made it hard to enjoy the suspension bridge. :-)



Back in Decatur at Farm Burger after our hike.
Yes, that is a big hunk of lard. I guess technically it is pork belly. Ewwie!



No comments:

Post a Comment