11.29.2010

Thanksgiving!

Although Steve and I had delayed Thanksgiving due to my work schedule, it was equally relaxing and enjoyable. I always love going home to see my family. There's nothing in the world I'm more thankful for than family! So let's take a look...

Ok, so I know, wrong holiday. It's been a while since I've posted.
Here are our Halloween cupcakes!

Our mini Thanksgiving dinner in Atlanta!

Steve making shoo-fly pie, which is a Pennsylvania Dutch recipe.


Shoo-fly pie made by Steve, Apple pie made by moi,
and Pumpkin pie with a Pecan topping made by Suds


Happy 92nd Birthday, Grandpa!
Pierce is very good assisting with present opening!




We ventured out to the Zoo after Thanksgiving dinner to see all the lights. Check out Marilyn's blog to see some Zoo lights.

Flamusse for breakfast... yum!


The final product.

This was the first visit that I think Sylvie knew who Steve (Geesh) and I (Mah-me) were. She even played with us this time. Fun!!!


My favorite photo of the weekend. I only took 75 photos to get this one of Sylvie that I loved. Maybe my lens doesn't let any nearly the amount of light that Mariliyn's lens does. So 9 out of 10 photos were blurry. Anyways, how sweet is she!

Geesh and Sylvie on the bee!




Could he be any cuter in my boots?!

Brotherly love!



Wiggle worm.

Henry learning to drink out of an adult cup. The little man can drink some milk.

My craft project for the weekend. With lots of help from my mum, especially with the lace. This is going to be Steve's stocking.

The second one proved to be a little more challenging. So my mum helped a little more with this one. And really, put the decorative trim on this stocking for me. Maybe I was too tired at this point. The trim came off a dress from the early 1900s. The beading was all done by hand. Very impressive indeed. I guess this will be my stocking since it's more girly :-)

Our new decanter bought with free American Express money. I'm all about supporting local businesses, especially when American Express supports us in doing so.

Yah for the holiday sesason!

2 comments:

  1. Love the stockings and the tree! And the decanter! Nice to see y'all as always...see y'all at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee! Your tree is up! And Mah-me, you got some GREAT pics! Don't compare lenses. You did a great job. Sylvie was asking for you and Geesh this morning on the way to Suds house. I know she's looking forward to seeing you both again!

    ReplyDelete