8.22.2011

Sandestin

Steve and I met my parents down in Sandestin for an extra long weekend, Wed through Sunday. It was much needed. I'm glad I was able to get lots of relaxing, considering I came back to an 11 hour non-stop day today. We ate lots of seafood, did some outlet shopping, and spent a little time in the water. I think I could happily turn into a beach bum. Or a pool bum. The highlight of the trip was floating in the pool. Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats the weightlessness of water. A second favorite is learning all the stars and constellations from my dad. Very cool. Ok, here are a some photos from our trip...

Pretty flowers down in Rosemary Beach!
From Sandestin, Florida 8.11


Down at the Sugar Shack in Rosemary Beach, I found Extreme Sour Pop Rocks. You know you would have gotten them too!
From Sandestin, Florida 8.11


Yowsers, it was SOUR!
From Sandestin, Florida 8.11


Walking down to the beach (still in Rosemary Beach)
From Sandestin, Florida 8.11


From Sandestin, Florida 8.11


Going swimming in the crystal blue ocean waters. I must admit that I was a little paranoid. I've watched too many shark attacks on TV in the last year. We were also being harrassed by fish! They were bigger than I remember as a kid. Probably 6inches long and they were nipping at us. Not nice! The water was a perfect temperature... so nice!
From Sandestin, Florida 8.11


Shrimp shack!
From Sandestin, Florida 8.11


We found this huge ... I don't know what it is ... in our bed! Maybe a gecko? Scary!
From Sandestin, Florida 8.11


Ok, maybe he was little :-)
From Sandestin, Florida 8.11


We ate at a number of waterfront restaurants, including AJs. Delicious grouper and entertaining views of boat tours coming in having their fish prepared. 2 whole little fish flopped out of the big fish's belly when they sliced him open! Weird!
From Sandestin, Florida 8.11


Red snapper (I think)!
From Sandestin, Florida 8.11


Big Kahunas! I was determined to win, but we do have a golf pro that beat us all. Booo! I'll take second place though :-)
From Sandestin, Florida 8.11


And here's our winner...
From Sandestin, Florida 8.11


From Sandestin, Florida 8.11


One last walk on the beach before leaving town Sunday morning! I was wanting to walk further than Steve... don't think he was a fan of the humidity.
From Sandestin, Florida 8.11


Glad we didn't see any of these jellyfish when we were swimming!
From Sandestin, Florida 8.11


Newly planted caladiums by Dad.
From Sandestin, Florida 8.11


Shrimpers market! We always stock up on fresh seafood before traveling back home.
From Sandestin, Florida 8.11

No comments:

Post a Comment