Emma had her 4 month appt last Friday, May 17th. Her vaccinations were not fun, but she did a lot better than her 2 month appt, despite having the exact same vaccinations. She cried and was quite upset, but we were able to calm her down within a few minutes. I think I dreaded the appt more than I should have.
Her stats were great!
16lb 4.5oz, 88th percentile for weight
26.25in, 98th percentile for length
16.5in, 86 percentile for head circumference
We started letting Emma eat recently. Our pediatrician doesn't think that rice cereal is necessary, so we started with bananas. Our first attempt wasn't so great. We thawed out a frozen banana and then microwaved it after letting it thaw in the refrigerator. She wasn't a fan. Yesterday we tried a fresh banana. She still didn't love it. She seemed to be confused by the spoon. She licked it off my finger though. I don't think it will be a favorite, but we'll try again tomorrow.
Emma loves looking in the mirror. Babies at 4 months old have no sense of self, so she doesn't realize that she's looking at herself.
She still has a fussy period everyday. Lately we've been putting her in her car seat when she gets fussy. She LOVES her car seat. It almost always calms her down, especially when we take her for a ride in the stroller. I love that her car seat fits into the stroller.
Although she's a good eater, she's still a big time squirmy eater. She likes kicking the bottle with her feet and grabbing our hands as we try to hold the bottle. She absolutely refuses to nurse except in the middle of the night and early morning when she's sleepy. I'm still pumping 3-4x per day. At this point, it's mostly for saving money.
Apparently Emma did not get the memo that she's supposed to stay immobile until we're finished moving :-) Emma has been able to roll from her front to her back for quite some time, although she doesn't do it on a regular basis. Steve had seen her roll from her back to her front with assistance from the crib. She can turn on her side, then kick against the crib to turn herself over. Well we were just watching her on her playmat this afternoon and she turned from her back to her front without any assistance! Fun and definitely trouble!! She gets upset when she turns herself to her stomach though. She cries and wants us to turn her back over :-)
We've also noticed a couple of times that she gets her limbs stuck between the bars on the crib. It has happen only a couple of times, but I fear it will happen more frequently now that she's moving a lot in her crib. I wonder if this is a common problem that other parents have.
Emma has also been scooting around the apartment on her back. This started just before she was 4 months. She moves slowly since it's not really a crawl. She doesn't' move as well on her belly quite yet.
Speaking of moving, we're heading back to Memphis tomorrow to find a place to live. I'm not especially looking forward to finding a new place to live since we don't have a good idea. Or at least the places we were considering have fallen through.
I know, the best part of the blog is the photos and I don't have any right now. I haven't taken many since graduation weekend since we've been packing and I've been working from home some too. I do have a few videos, and hopefully I'll get them posted soon.
Books for 2012
14 years ago
Sylvie never had a crib bumper and we didn't have a problem with her limbs through the slats. Perhaps a few times? Never enough to make me want a bumper.
ReplyDeleteI think this time I will buy one of those breathable mesh bumpers - if this new baby likes the paci. That's the only thing I didn't like about no bumper. Sylvie's pacis would fall out of the crib and she'd wake up crying for it and I'd have to search under the crib in the middle of the night for it (them).
See you soon!