For the past month or so, when Emma sees the Subaru symbol on my car, she'll say "pleiades" and then "stars." I taught it to her once, and now she says it anytime she sees the symbol. I know Pops must be proud :-) I've also noticed that when we're out driving, if she sees a Honda in front of us, she'll say "Daddy" even if it's a different type of Honda. So she must be looking at the "H" symbol on the car.
Emma said her first sentence this weekend. "Emma hold Mickey."
After showing Emma a bunch of photos from Sylvie's trip to Disneyworld, she said another sentence yesterday. "Sylvie hug Pooh." Then she said "Pooh hug Sylvie."
She's also said "Call Daddy" and "Emma call Daddy" when he was at work.
Her new favorite thing to say is "too." She'll say, "Emma too." Or "Daddy too." I'm impressed that she's able to use that in the correct context. She also has gotten good at saying "please." She knows we're more likely to help her or get what she wants if she says "please."
It's so fun seeing her language develop.
It's also fun to see her learn things. She has a tiny pocket on one of her shirts. She really wanted her blankie in this pocket. Then after we told her that it wouldn't fit, she was adamant about getting her princess in her pocket. Still way too big. Those are some of her favorite objects. Blankie is number one, then her princess, then her mickey mouse in that order.
Emma really seems to love Snoopy too. She gets this from Steve and from her love of dogs. She can say "Snoopy" but sometimes she'll just call him "Snoops." :-)
She loves using our stethoscopes. I think she needs a toy one for herself. Lucky for her, she's getting one for Christmas :-) She puts it around her neck then puts it over our heart and will say "heart."
Emma has croup and it's been the pits. She had a difficult time breathing Friday. She had stridor so you could hear every breath and you could see her whole body working to breathe. It wasn't so bad that she need to be at the hospital but her breathing was very labored in the morning. Her pediatrician evaluated her and gave her dexamethasone to help her get better. It's been difficult with work. They didn't have any other nurses so I pretty much had to go in, although I knew daycare would call. And they did. She wasn't even there an hour before they called. I felt like a horrible mom for dropping her off but at that time she wasn't having trouble breathing unless she was crying. Ugh. They wouldn't even let her stay in her room until I picked her up. They had her at the front desk so they could watch her closely. Anyways, she seemed to be doing better this weekend with her breathing and wasn't coughing as much until Sunday night. Go figure. She has a low grade fever and is coughing a lot now. She sounds like a barking dog. So I knew daycare wouldn't take her, so I had to call out again. I really hate that I have to call out and have no back up options, but I'm also happy that I can be with Emma when she's not feeling well. She slept til 9am yesterday. I don't think she's done that since we've moved to NC. She did it on rare occasion when we were in TN because we weren't on an early morning schedule. She clearly needed the rest. She hasn't eaten since last Thursday except for lots of milk, some water, and the occasional bite of fruit. She refuses everything else. Although she won't eat, she loves feeding Steve at dinner. Pretty cute.
Now that the weather is cold, we make her wear a coat outside. She is not a fan. I blame Steve for this :-) I always have to make Steve wear a coat as well when it's really cold outside. And she even gets upset when we wear coats inside. She cries and begs us to take them off. Not quite sure on this one. She's gotten better about this over the last week. Perhaps she realizes she's not going to win this battle.
Sorry... no pics with this post. I need to go through photos but I'm in the middle of a computer update.
Books for 2012
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment