Look how long Emma's hair is!
She did great on the plane and even managed to get her on seat on the flight back to Memphis.
Steve saved us by buying these head phones for her to watch her shows on the plane.
Emma really did great!
Playing with hats!
Emma was hysterical when I tried to put her to sleep. She just wanted to be with Sylvie. As soon as we got her in the room with Sylvie, she quieted down. And then stole the whole bed :-)
At the Pink Palace Crafts Festival
Emma loved this guitar!
Party time!
Didn't purposefully dress Emma to match Suds but I think it's pretty cute!
Emma loves ice!
Love her curls!
Brief layover in Atlanta. We were lucky to have Pinkberry right next to our gate :-)
Here is Emma in a nutshell.
She loves playing in the car. Obviously she sits in the drivers seat and pretends to drive. This is one of her favorite activities.
She loves drinking her bath water. She has fun in the bath and does really well even when she gets water in her face. She always wants you to put soap in her hand so she can wash her belly. Pretty cute!
She loves watching TV. We're working on cutting back. :-) Don't worry, she still stays very busy throughout the day doing many other activities. Her two favorite shows are Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
She's still drinking her milk out of a bottle. I'd say more than half of her calories come from milk. She usually tries what we're eating for dinner too. After she's done eating, we don't make her sit at the table. Other foods she loves: tomatoes, fruit, Ritz crackers.
She's talking up a storm. She repeats pretty much everything we say. She's been putting two works together for a couple of weeks now. It's usually possessive, as in "Emma's milk" or "Daddy's shoes" or "Sylvie's house." She also likes to use commands. She'll say "come" or "sit" or will even point and say "here." She did that last week with both Steve and me. Once we sat next to her, she gave us both hugs at the same time. Love. She also says Mama work or Daddy work. She says this at daycare and will also say it when I'm at home with her. The past three weeks in daycare went much smoother. She has not been hysterical when I drop her off. This past week, she was more hesitant when I dropped her off and cried a little. But I think it was an off week for us. Emma had been sick and then her sleep schedule was off. I also think she had some teething issues since she had her hand in her mouth a lot. Having drop offs go smoother was AMAZING. It really made my whole week significantly better.
Luckily Emma has kids on the street to play with. She really only plays with the little girl across the street because it's easy to tell when they're outside playing. She's one year older than Emma. I think they'll be good friends, despite having a hard time sharing. If you ask her to let another kid have a turn, she will let the kid have a turn but will then sit on the ground and cry. :-)
She can put her own shoes on now. They don't always go on the correct foot, but she can get her foot in them and velcro them.
She likes feeling like a big girl. We have a potty that she can sit on the ground. She has no interest in that potty. She likes to sit on the potty seat that goes up on the actual toilet. She has peed in the potty several times but it's not on a regular basis. She often times will have a dry diaper in the morning and then will pee a lot once she wakes up. Her diaper kept overflowing right before we'd walk out the door, getting both of us soaked in urine. So we've tried putting her on the potty in the morning. She seems to do quite well with that, although we don't do that every day.
She still does not sit still for most of her diaper changes with me and Steve. On occasion she does but we don't know how to make her do it more consistently.
She's still sleeping through the night, although she still really fights going to sleep, even if we stay in there with her until she falls asleep. Lately, Steve has been putting her to sleep more often than I do. I love doing her night time routine but I have a hard time when she's hysterical. She's still in her crib and I assume will stay in her crib for a while longer. I tried sleeping with her one night when we were in TN and she was all over the place. She tossed and turned the whole night. Half the night she had her head down at my feet, which meant no covers for either of us. Needless to say, as much as I love the idea of sleeping next to her at night on occasion, I think she does much better in her crib.
Please let time slow down. I'm not ready for Emma to be two, which will be here before I know it!










No comments:
Post a Comment