3.27.2010

My mom and sister came to visit two weekends ago. Marilyn already summed up their weekend here in Atlanta (and posted a number of photos). Besides drinking one spectacular bottle of wine with TJs chocolate caramels, I feel like the highlights revolved around going to restaurants and to Duluth, the asian area of town. Oh and by the way, I’m still on a mission to find that bottle of wine. I am not sure where it originally came from- probably a gift. It was a chianti. I love red wines dearly but have not had too many chiantis before. I guess I have found a new favorite red wine (even though I still love my pinot noirs).

My most favoritest people in the whole wide world :-)

As soon as they arrived in Atlanta, we took them to a great Chinese restaurant, Tasty China. My mom was the one who originally heard about this place (in a magazine or something)- so with its great reviews, we decided we had to try it. Although it's good, I must caution of the spicy, crazy heat that makes you breathe fire. Steve and his Indian friends clearly handle this heat much better than I do (and better than my mom and sister)- although they were pretty tough and ate it...

Another favorite dish of ours... I know, just cruel

We had to get frozen yogurt to settle down our bellies
Marilyn being silly at Ikea... I like it!

So cute!
We had lunch at the Buckhead Whole Foods on Saturday. The free samples were tremendous! I also got my all time favorite cookies much cheaper than usual... ok, only 2 dollars off... but usually they're too expensive for me to buy. They were labeled incorrectly so I win bigtime!

Marilyn no longer had use for this lamp that I have always loved... I win again!

It was a super fun weekend and I look forward to you guys visiting again!!!!






1 comment:

  1. Um, yeah - I think you totally scored that lamp. Love it. Glad y'all had a nice weekend together. And glad you and Steve enjoyed the beach.

    ReplyDelete