2.20.2011

Valentine's Day

So I've been stuck inside all weekend feeling completely blah. Boo for being really sick. Luckily last weekend we took advantage of the sunny weather and hiked to the top of Kennesaw Mountain, which was really a nice walk. It wasn't as strenuous as Stone Mountain but still an enjoyable little hike. Steve is showing you how little Stone Mountain is from where we were.



Ok, this is a BIG treat for me. I don't buy cookies too often since I love baking them. However, this is hands down the best cookie I've ever eaten. They're insanely expensive for a box of cookies- $7.99- hence the reason I don't buy them. The first time I bought them, I thought they were much cheaper than they actually are. And last year, they were marked incorrectly at Whole Foods, so clearly had to buy them. So I've only splurged a couple of times since I first discovered them at the Whole Foods in North Carolina several years back. But heck, it was Valentine's day, right? So we gave in...


We made pizza on the Sunday before Valentine's Day. I give it a C due to the pizza crust... this is the first Trader Joe's product that Steve and I aren't crazy about. It's not that it's bad, it's just not our style of pizza crust.



Local mozzarella cheese from Atlanta Fresh. Quite tasty. And clearly, we love supporting local farmers, which makes it that much better. Forgot we were putting basil on until the last minute, which is why it's on top... and had to cover it with sauce so it wouldn't burn to a crisp.



Dessert was a fresh mango on top of yogurt from Atlanta Fresh: Tropical fruit with Habenero. You have to like heat to like this tasty treat.


And finally, my Valentine's Day present to Steve. He's been a big Snoopy fan his whole life, so I thought I should add to his small collection...


I would have taken some photos from Valentine's day but it was supposed to be a low key night since we both worked all day Monday. We had big plans to go to Pita Palace, a little hole in the wall restaurant right across the street from us, which happens to be one of our favorites. So we were dressed for the occasion- I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt with my hoodie. However, once we got over there, we decided to go to a more upscale restaurant... Thai Chili. I think all of you know Thai Chili from the "Curry in a Hurry" sauce that I always bring back to Memphis. Needless to say, I felt a little silly in my attire, when everybody else in the restaurant was all dressed up in red. I probably looked like a 10 year old. :-) It was still an amazing meal that we thoroughly enjoyed!! I give it an A+

So I was playing around with photo sizes. Do you guys prefer the bigger photos? Let me know your thoughts. I think I like this size, but at the same time, I don't take professional looking photos like Marilyn. If you can't tell, most are with flashes in this post. It's tricky to take photos inside without a flash with the lens I have!

2 comments:

  1. Yes love the bigger pictures. What size is that? Medium?

    Jealous of the curry. Must get some next month!!

    Jealous of the pizza, too. Looks yum!

    ReplyDelete