Baby H has been moving like crazy! It's been a lot of fun feeling her move. I typically notice her moving around more in the evening than in the morning. In the late afternoon she's pretty active as well. I have a feeling she's going to be a night owl just like her parents! Last Wednesday, she kept kicking/punching (not sure exactly what she was doing) in the same spot. I had Steve put his hand on my belly, thinking she would probably stop, but she didn't! He felt her right away! Fun!
We also received all the bedding from my mom! It's lovely! I put it on the crib mattress (thanks to Marilyn for the organic crib mattress) as soon as it came in the mail last Wednesday. It looks great! I'm so happy with it! Thanks again Mom! She hand made everything except the white blanket, which is such a nice blanket! What treats! You can see our white iron crib in the photo as well. I'm so excited about how it all came together! The bumper will come out once she's born since they're not recommended for babies. I"m sure at some point the bumper will make it back in the crib when she gets older. The crib skirt is a pink linen gauze. The fitted sheet is a floral shabby chic print. And you've seen the soft pink linen blanket with the hand embroidery already. Love!
Yesterday morning I had a check up with Dr.Kleiss and my 1
hour glucose tolerance test (GTT). Baby H's heart rate was in the 130s, which
is in the normal range. My fundal height is measuring at 26 weeks even
though I'm only 24.5 weeks. Makes me nervous that she's going to be a
big baby. Dr.Kleiss didn't seem to be concerned though. And she said my
weight gain is perfect. I felt like it was a good check up.
For
the GTT, I had to fast starting at midnight, then
drink a flat orange soda within 5 minutes, 1 hour before my blood draw. I had the orange soda on the
way to the office. It was tolerable but having to drink it in 5 minutes
was next to impossible without feeling like it was going to come up. So I
did it in 6 minutes (only slightly cheated). :-) In addition to the
glucose tolerance test, they checked my thyroid level and iron levels.
I
got a call today that my tsh and iron levels look good, but I failed
the 1 hour GTT :-( They wanted to see my glucose level less than 130 and my level
was 150. I have to to go back tomorrow for the 3 hour GTT. Ugh. It's
amazing how hungry I am and how often I have to eat. The thought of not
eating until after lunch time tomorrow is a bit daunting. Not sure how
I'm going to do that without feeling a bit crazy. I'm very lucky that
I'm able to get the morning off work at such short notice. Thankfully my
office is fully staffed without a full schedule. Otherwise, I'm not
sure what I would have done since they felt pretty strongly about me
coming in this week. On Friday morning, I have a flight to catch back
to Memphis to see my family, so I knew that Friday was not an option for
doing the test.
Anyways, wish me lots of luck. If I fail this, my guess is that I"ll get the diagnosis of gestational diabetes, which would make this a higher risk pregnancy. Not my idea of a good time. More importantly, I don't want Baby H getting too big, which is a complication of gestation diabetes and doesn't make for safe deliveries.
Books for 2012
14 years ago
Here's hoping you pass - what a pain! I failed round 1 all 3 times but passed round 2. Hopefully you'll do the same...but if not, plenty of people manage fine with the GD diet, and I know you will too! The crib and bedding are so lovely...kudos to you and your mom for finding and making such beautiful things! Little girl H is already getting spoiled!
ReplyDeleteI love the crib & fabrics. Love, love, love. Jealous about that fab crib!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about the glucose stuff. I do hear a lot of people fail the 1st and pass the 2nd.
Love the bedding Megan! I had GD with my second, and it was actually a life changing event...I started eating healthier..and the weight was easy to loose too. It pretty much changed my outlook on food and body!
ReplyDelete