10.28.2012

3rd Trimester

27w5d. On Wednesday, I had a check-up with Dr.Kleiss and Dr.Fogle. I couldn't be happier with how things are progressing. I started out at my Ob-Gyn's office. She still thinks my weight is right on track. I keep second guessing myself, thinking I'm getting too big. It's AMAZING what people have been saying to me since I've been pregnant. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but I'm always a bit perplexed. On Monday one of my co-workers asked me when my due date was. When she realized it's not soon, she went on to say she wouldn't be surprised if I was having twins. Really?! My favorite comment came later in the week from another co-worker who looked at my belly and told me I was "huge." Ha! There was only one other guy in the room and his eyes got really big and then he said, "A guy could never say that to you." My reply was that a girl shouldn't say it either.  Needless to say, she tried to undo the damage by telling me that it was okay because she looked like a cow when she was pregnant too. Ha! Girls are definitely meaner than boys when it comes to pregnancy. Boys just know better.

Anyways,  Stevie's (this is what I like to call her, although it will not be her name) heart rate was in the 140s/150s. I had my antibody screen bloodwork and my Rhogam shot as well. Because I have a negative blood type, and Steve has a positive blood type, I am required to have Rhogam now and after delivery to prevent Rh sensitization. Glad to have that shot over with because it hurt!

After that appointment was over, I went to see Dr.Fogle at Atlanta Perinatal Consultants for an ultrasound! It was hard to get good pictures because she's getting bigger and because she had her arm up to her face. They measured her size- she's in the 50th percentile. Yah! They assessed a number of things such as breathing movement, amniotic fluid, her heart, and her thyroid. All looks good! They kept saying that she had a pretty heart :-)  She had the hiccups. I could see it on ultrasound but I couldn't feel it. In the last week for the first time, I'm pretty sure I could feel her hiccuping as well. She is currently breech- meaning that her head is at the top of my uterus and her bottom is closest to my cervix. I'm 100% A-Ok with her position now, but I'm hoping she flips around before too long so I don't have to have a C-section. Dr.Fogle said that babies tend to stay in the same position once they're about 34-35weeks. So she has some time to flip around.

 Stevie's profile. Her hand was near her face. The umbilical cord was also up near her face.

Stevie's spine.
I'm supposed to start doing kick counts after dinner, to make sure I feel at least 10 kicks in 2 hours. At this point, I don't even have to count. She is so active, she probably has 10 kicks easily in 10 minutes when I'm lying down on my side at the end of the day. I also notice that she's a lot more active on my days off when I'm resting. I'm really appreciating time off work more and more so I can get more rest and get things done around our apartment. I'm having more headaches (due to back discomfort- which is tolerable) and more swelling. Luckily my blood pressure is still completely normal, if not a little on the low side. There are so many other joys of the 3rd trimester: occasional leg cramps and still feeling overheated, which will definitely benefit me as the weather is getting colder. I'm also just getting to the point that I can feel her pushing into my ribs. I know that will get a lot worse before it gets better. But other than these minor things, I'm still enjoying the pregnancy.

27w4d.



4 comments:

  1. Who are these co-workers?! They are crazy...I think that you look great. :-) In any case, I'm jealous of your time off! Wednesday can't get here fast enough...I'm spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome! I got the twins comment when I was preggo, too. Whatev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, Stevie :) Agreed, you look great! Keep smilin

    ReplyDelete