10.17.2012

GTT and the Matthews twins have arrived!

I'm way behind on blogging, but there haven't been too many updates to share regarding Baby H.  Since last posting, I found out that I passed the 3 hour GTT! I was quite pleased that I don't have gestational diabetes. There were 4 blood draws with the 3 hour glucose tolerance test: fasting, 1hr, 2hr, 3hr. To fail the test, you have to fail 2 of the 4 glucose levels. I only failed one. I just barely made it through! It has made me be slightly more aware of what I eat and that I need to exercise too. Overall I"m eating pretty healthy food, especially fruit. But come on, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are seasonal and there is just no way to say no to my favorite cookie from Whole Foods!  Exercising is a bit tricky. It's easy to do on the weekends when I have more time for myself. During the week it is next to impossible. I'll just count being on and off my feet all day at work as exercise. -) I'm just thankful that my weight gain is exactly where it should be.

I'm currently 26w5d. Feeling extra tired but working is still manageable although harder than before. Heartburn is coming back. Boo. I had it in the 1st trimester, then it went away, but Tums have become my friend again. It's hard to eat a full meal in one sitting because there isn't room in my belly anymore. Did I mention that I'm only 26weeks and 5 days?!

She is a kicking machine! As I type this post, I can see my belly jumping up and down. Looks like popcorn is cooking in my belly. It's quite fun and very sci-fi.

Here are some photos from my trip back to Memphis on October 5th. I flew back to go see Bonnie Raitt with my mom at the botanical gardens and to spend time with my family. It was a great weekend!

Photos taken by Marilyn at 25 weeks. She took a bunch of photos and did a great job! Here is the link to my Picasa page, but don't feel obligated to look at a ton of photos of me.


Laura gave birth to the twin boys on Sunday, October 14th. Oliver Watson Matthews and Wyatt Campbell Matthews. Their names couldn't be any cuter. The pressure is on for us to find a good name for our little girl. Every time we try to decide, we don't get very far. It's harder than you'd think!
Anyways, I can't wait to meet these cute little boys over Thanksgiving. Oliver weighed 6lbs, Wyatt weighed 5lb11oz. Oliver came out head first, Wyatt came out feet first. Laura avoided a c-section despite Wyatt coming out feet first. Wyatt only had a short NICU stay and Oliver was able to avoid the NICU all together. So happy for you guys! Can't believe you're a family of 6! Love it!

In other news, Steve has been very busy with medical rotations and scheduling interviews for residency. It's just the beginning of hearing back from schools with interview invitations, and I'm super happy with all the options that are presenting themselves. Yah Steve!




2 comments: