On November 14th, I had Laura (the NP at my office) scan me because Baby H wasn't as active as she normally is on the previous night. I was a little concerned. I also had a very tiring, stressful day. Anyways, I am happy to report that Baby H's heart was pumping away and she had flipped around so she's now head down. So what I thought was her head under my ribs is actually her bottom. I have a very hard time distinguishing what is her head and what is her butt. Her head should feel harder- but to me, it all feels the same. I was very happy to know that she was in a better position (for delivery). At this point, she could have flipped back again and I would never know, but at least I know she can get in that position. She still has her head or her butt in my ribs on the right side. I think it's actually improving my posture since I'm trying to make room to breathe. As of this past Thanksgiving weekend, I have been feeling very short of breath. Going up the stairs is a workout. How sad! My hands and feet are very swollen. They don't even look like my hand and feet anymore. Very strange. As of today, I'm officially out of my wedding bands. I wore them all weekend but also had a very difficult time getting them on/off. And the fatigue is here in full force. The fatigue has been worse for me in the 3rd trimester than it was earlier in the pregnancy. The heartburn is also back, but I'm happy to report that it's usually tolerable if I have Tums nearby... unless I eat jalapenos :-) Luckily, this is the last 5 day work week that I have before January. I will appreciate all the extra sleep I can get on my long weekends that are coming up. I'm currently up every 2hours during most night. Stevie is giving me good practice for waking up all night! I finally understand why people beg to schedule inductions... not that I plan on doing that :-) I still have 8 weeks to go (assuming she comes by her due date).
A photo of her face.
Steve and I went back to Memphis for Thanksgiving. I was lucky enough to fly home Wednesday night after work. Steve drove back to Memphis on Monday for his interview at UT-Memphis, and I was unable to get off work the first half of the week. It seemed to work out really well. We enjoyed spending time with family for Thanksgiving. Steve and I met the twins on Thanksgiving Day! What fun! They are so cute! We also ate lots of yummy food thanks to my Mom and help from Marilyn!
Apple pie that Steve and I made. Yum.
Daniel, Sylvie, and Marilyn before they went to Daniel's parent's house for Thanksgiving meal #1.
Thanksgiving table set for the kiddos.
Flowers for the table. Lovely.
Steve being a fireman.
Pierce and Henry spent the night. Steve helped Henry brush his teeth.
My dad and uncle (and all of the family) met up on the Friday after Thanksgiving to divide up my grandparent's belongings now that they are about to sell their house. It was sad, but I definitely focused on them being in a better place now. Hard to believe my Grandpa passed away over a year ago. Where has the time gone? It's fun to get things that remind me of them. Steve chose this painting for one of our picks. It was a painting that was in one of the guestrooms that was decorated back in the 80s, I think. He thought it would be a good fit for our little girl's room. It's definitely a cheery painting and will add a lot to the nursery.
Henry was trying on one of my Grandfather's watches. He's so cute!
The birth announcement my Grandparents had from when my Dad was born.
Folded up, it looks like a diaper. Super cute!
Grayton resting on my dad, who is napping. Unfortunately, Gratyon has been peeing all over the house. So they are looking for a new home for him since none of the vet's recommendations have worked. :-( Sad (although I completely understand)
Marilyn and Sylvie ready for church on Sunday morning.
There will be another blog post in the next week with photos from our baby shower back in Memphis. Stay tuned!










Fun recap! I had forgotten that you hadn't met the twins yet!
ReplyDelete