12.08.2012

Memphis Baby Shower!

It's hard to keep up with much of anything these days with my fatigue. I tend to come home, eat, and then go to sleep immediately afterwards. Most people seem to have the most fatigue in the first trimester. Mine has been significantly worse in the 3rd trimester. If I wasn't working, I'm convinced I would be home sleeping most of the day. We have most of the necessities for Stevie but we still have a lot of work to get the room together and get all the details squared away. I don't understand the nesting instinct that most people have. I don't have the energy to clean/organize. I'm hoping I'll get a lot more done during my upcoming 3 day weekends.

33w5d. Earlier this week, I had an appointment with Dr.Bennett, one of the other delivering physicians at Piedmont Ob-Gyn. Stevie's heart rate was in the 140s and my fundal height is measuring at 34 weeks.

I have a good bit of swelling, especially in my hands and feet, which is completely normal. For the past couple of weeks, I haven't been able to wear my wedding bands due to the swelling. Still crazy to look at my hands and feet because they don't look like my hands- looks more like a stranger's hands.
The swelling is causing achiness in my hands and feet. Pretty much feels like arthritis. They're very stiff and sometimes numb when I wake up. Dr.Bennett said that is pretty normal with swelling.  Good times!  All the joys of pregnancy :-)

I really have been loving feeling Stevie move. Sometimes it startles me because it comes out of nowhere and feels like a good jab in my belly. She's going to be a strong little girl! She's also had the hiccups a few times this week- Steve was able to feel it when he put his hand on my belly. Fun!

Let me back up. I have been meaning to blog about the wonderful shower that my sister threw for me when I was back in Memphis over Thanksgiving weekend. We had such a great time and received so many gifts for Stevie. I can't get over how generous everybody was.

Here are some photos...





I didn't have my camera out much, so I'm stealing some photos from Marilyn's Picasa page. Thanks Mar!

Red pepper jelly. Yum!
 


 32w1d... only 8 weeks to go!






 


Here are a couple more photos from Marilyn's Picasa page from Thanksgiving weekend.

Steve playing my parents' new piano.

Holding one of Peter and Laura's twins! I believe I'm holding Oliver. 
I only know this because Sylvie likes holding Wyatt :-)
 



5 comments:

  1. Hey - that was 2 weeks ago. Let's see a current shot of that belly! ;)

    JK. Get your rest. Way more important. Sorry about the fatigue - I don't remember it being that bad for me. Unlucky Meghan. Or Lucky Marilyn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! That's not a new piano! That was an even trade on an old piano! Don't make me sound like I'm on a huge spending spree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually,I am. The shower is being gutted tomorrow. Bad shower pan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, it's a new piano to you! I actually love your new vintage piano! Stinks about your shower. Ugh. If it makes you feel better, we've spent about $1500 on my car in the last 2 months, and now there's another issue. Lovely! :-/

    ReplyDelete