1.06.2013

38w2d

38w2d.

Saying lots of prayers that our little Stevie stays put this week. Steve left this morning for the West coast so he can interview for residency. He flew to San Diego today and will be heading up to Portland on Wednesday. Extra bonus is that he gets to spend time with his family in San Diego. I just know that Stevie wants to wait for her daddy to be here for her arrival!

At my appointment this past Friday, I met the last of the 5 potential physicians that could be doing my delivery. All of the physicians are women and I feel really good about all of them- even if it's not my primary physician who gets to deliver Stevie. Her heart rate was good and my fundal height is on track as well. Although my swelling seems out of control to me, it's all normal pregnancy swelling. My blood pressure is normal and I don't have any protein in my urine- meaning that I don't have pre-eclampsia or any other complications. I was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. I'm hoping the next 9cm are equally easy :-) Don't think I"ll be so lucky, but praying that the epidural is very kind to me.

Gosh, I don't know how I'm already past 38weeks gestation. Where has the time gone? I'm feeling quite large. I'm very thankful that Stevie is growing just like she should be. Steve has to push me off the futon and I really have to roll out of bed- there is no more sitting straight up. I'm up all night. Unfortunately Steve is a light sleeper and therefore he's up half the night too. Sorry Steve! On a good night, I'll sleep 3 hours straight. Typically I'm up every 1-2hours due to thirst or having to pee. My heartburn seems to be getting worse, although it's still tolerable. The joints in my hands are continuing to ache, but again, it's not debilitating. I really can't complain too much. I still love feeling her move around in my belly. Her feet seem more prominent. Her feet are always up high on my belly on the right side. My belly seems to shift more as she moves- I'm sure that will continue to be the case as she grows. She still stays predominantly on my right side. She gets the hiccups at least once a day. I can see them and feel them. Pretty cool. We've even started a bedtime routine, playing her lullabies from a stuffed animal that's a sea horse- it even glows. We've been reading some Dr.Suess to her as well.

I think we're officially ready for Stevie (minus Steve being out of town this week). Steve and I did a lot of cleaning and organizing yesterday. Stevie's room is ready to go. Hospital bag is mostly packed. Car seat bases are installed. Feels good to be as ready as we can be (minus a few little things around the apartment).

Here are a couple of photos. Not the best photos, but I just want to give you an idea of how she is growing.
37w4d

38w1d

I'm not sure that I believe the show, "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant." For real? Look at the size of my belly!  Do these people not have any symptoms that go along with pregnancy. And do their babies not move? I'm skeptical!

6 comments: