4.07.2013

Happy Easter... one week late :-)

Today is the last day of my maternity leave. I'm sad to be leaving Emma but also excited to go back to get a better feel for how much I like working with a little one at home. Clearly finances will play a big part in how much I'll be working over the next several years. I've just started to look for part time and PRN jobs in Memphis. I"m not sure we're ready to put her in daycare full time. And it's expensive! There are pros and cons for both staying at home and working. I guess time will tell.

I'm starting to upload photos onto Picasa, partially as a back up for my photos. Partially for convenience so everybody can see all the photos of her. Or maybe it's because I'm too indecisive and am putting too many photos on the blog. Here's the link- Picasa
Marilyn took one of my favorite photos of Emma to date. She actually took a lot of great shots- but here is my favorite.

Emma has been such a joy to watch. She is babbling up a storm. She likes having conversations. She loves when people make funny noises or faces. She sometimes will even try to copy sounds or facial expression.

Her favorite thing to do is to watch people eat. I first realized this when I was eating a bowl of Grapenuts. She thought it was hilarious. I guess she liked the sound of it, as well as watching me chew. Unless she's sleeping, we usually bring her over to the dinner table for meals.

She's getting much better at using her hands. We realized this in Memphis when my mom was playing with a toy that Emma could hit and make spin around. She really seemed to like it. So we bought her a playmat. She really loves it. She both kicks and hits the toys on it. She is also able to hold on to rattles now. She doesn't actively reach for them, but if we put them in her hand, she can grasp them.

My parents came to town to see Emma. Initially my mom was coming for Match Day, but I accidentally told her the wrong weekend. Woops! So they just came and helped pack boxes for our upcoming move to Memphis.  Pops holding Emma.

Emma's bath time. We just copied Laura and got a kiddie tub that we can put in the bathtub, so we won't be doing sink baths anymore. She often times will hold on to us, like she's doing in this pic.

Emma started rolling again a week and a half ago.
You can even see some of her smiles at the beginning of this clip :-)


Easter in Memphis. Emma must have been tired :-)
 
Emma met all of her cousins on Easter! I took 20 shots and this is the best one of everybody.
Sylvie, Emma, Henry, Wyatt, Pierce, Oliver

I hope everybody had a happy Easter!

You can see Emma's rainforest playmat in the background. She also loves spending time on her lamb mat that's incredibly soft!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, more Emma pics! My favorite is the one of her coloring with the purple crayon :)

    ReplyDelete