4.26.2010

Spring weekends with the Harris's!

So Marilyn, you've half got it. I didn't title my last couple of blogs half because of their randomness and half because I wasn't really paying attention. Anyways, here's another eclectic post of what we've been up to for the past couple of weekends.

We’ve had a busy few weekends around here. We ran/walked, i.e. walked all but 1/8 of a mile, the Sweetwater 420 5k last weekend. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Sweetwater, it is probably Atlanta’s best brewery. So it didn’t take much convincing when Ravi told us he was going to be running in the race. I briefly thought about training to run the 5k but I know my body a little too well. I get inspired to be a runner from time to time and then quickly realize that it’s just not in the cards for me. Although I knew I wouldn’t be able to run the whole 5k, I still wanted to get out on a spring day for a nice walk. Steve and I are walkers (well, Steve is actually a runner, but he’s nice and walks with me). It ended up being a beautiful day and when we completed the race, we got $3 sweetwater beer! Delicious! And we also got to listen to the worst beatles cover band that I’ve ever heard. But I did know the songs and it was good entertainment! Good times all around!

I was very adamant about getting this photo since the number on my shirt made me look like a real runner. :-)

We’ve also checked out a couple of arts festivals – one in Piedmont park and the other in Inman park, which was this past weekend. I do love going to arts festivals in this amazing weather! I was good and didn’t spend a dime- except on some fresh squeezed lemonade- how do you say no to that?! How I love spring time!

Beautiful azaleas !

Ahh, the roses! Please note the bag in the photo- it's really the main reason I posted this photo. My mummie made this amazing bag. So talented! Why didn't I get your talent, mom?

This past Saturday night, Steve and I went to a work party at my boss’s house. Good times! It was just the clinical people that I work directly with, and they are all a lot of fun! I baked chocolate chip cookies and molasses crinkle cookies, which turned out to be a big hit, even though I know they don’t compare to Marilyn’s macarons. During the party, we were talking about how important it is to be happy with where you are in life, regarding housing and children. I’m slowly learning to to be happy with what I have. It can definitely be hard when your friends and coworkers live in crazy nice homes (and actually own their own houses/condos). But I have to think of all the reasons that it doesn’t make sense for us and be happy with that. Don’t get me wrong, I love our little apartment and love all the decorations which remind me of so many amazing trips I’ve had throughout my life. I suppose envy is a sin of mine, but I'm learning that there are much more important things. Oh, and regards to having children, although I would LOVE to have kids sooner rather than later, I know children are expensive and wake you up early on the weekend- so I’m quite thankful that I get to sleep in on Saturdays and Sundays! :-)

Last night Steve and I cooked Tofurkey beer brats and veggies on the apartment grill.


Nothing beats this combo of portabello mushrooms, onions, and green bell peppers marinated with balsalmic vinegar and oil. Ahhhhhh to die for!

Happy Spring everybody! I'm sure I'll be posting plenty next week since Steve will be in Sweden for a conference for 9 days! So super jealous! Ahhhhhh, what am I going to do with myself?!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm....You can celebrate your birthday with lots of homemade macarons. And a fun birthday gift from moi. Go get a mani/pedi. Let Ravi take you to dinner. Sleep in. Do a facial mask that you wouldn't want Steve to see you wearing. Call him on the phone if you can. Write each other emails. Clean the apartment. Go to Ikea. I'll provide the shopping list. Shall I go on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah the grilled veggies look delish. Our grill is broken. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun that peter got to visit with y'all today!!

    ReplyDelete