This tiny bug had been hanging out on my patio garden for several days. I knew it would be the first photo with my new camera since my old one never would have been able to get this shot.
These red lantanas brought hummingbirds last year. I've been waiting patiently this year to see these amazing little birds again. Finally last weekend I saw one! He even came up to the window where I was taking photos :-) Too bad that particular photo is out of focus!
Kathy ventured out to the east coast to visit us for the long holiday weekend. This is how our 4th of July weekend began. Did you think we would have gone anywhere else?
Amazing how much Kathy and Steve look like one another!
For those of you who have never been to been to Stone Mountain, I figured I needed to show the front side of the mountain where the laser show takes place. It is amazing. There is all sorts of music that plays along to, you guessed it, a laser light show. I think Kathy and I agreed that the best part was the monster truck image that kept appearing throughout the show. It was a crowd pleaser to say the least :-)
You can actually see both the mountain and fireworks in this photo. It was a challenge to take good photos of the fireworks because the smoke had nowhere to escape. So the photos at the end of the fireworks show were mostly a smokey haze.
The Atlanta Aquarium was a complete zoo!! Here is my favorite fish!
I took sooooo many photos- so this is going to be quite tricky picking my favorites. I'll try not to bore...
These eels look like old men!
Um, I'm not sure if you're terrified, but I surely am. And to think there is just an acrylic wall between these teeth and me. Yikes! This puts a whole other meaning to the word shark.
He is equally scary when you don't see his teeth. Just as mean looking as can be.
So we had two amazing views of this huge tank. One view was just how you would imagine- from the side of the tank. Here is the other view... we are in a tunnel looking up at this hammerhead shark.
My personal favorite. I had a couple of other photos of this largetooth sawfish that captured the whole "fish" (if you ask me it looks more like a shark), but this is my favorite view- from underneath. He looks like a cartoon from his belly!!
Not the best shot, but the whale shark was so amazing, so I had to post it. There was a brief video showing how UPS shipped these guys to the Georgia Aquarium. Can you imagine one of these guys on a plane?! It was the heaviest UPS shipment ever. I'm not too surprised.
I just loved the pattern on this fish's face. It looks like a maze.
Jellyfish!
Admittedly, the sea dragon was much cooler, but I couldn't get a good photo of one of them.
So here is the seahorse! This was one of the few extremely well lit tanks that made it easy to take photos.
More photos to come soon!
Loved the pics! Happy you like the camera!
ReplyDeleteawesome pictures -- can't wait to see more! the lionfish is my desktop image at work and the rest are set as my screen saver
ReplyDeleteI loooove sea horses! They're my favorite!
ReplyDelete