I took the photo on my iphone and it automatically flipped it. Not quite sure how to flip them back. Anybody want to give me some tips?
Yah!!! We are so thrilled! I would have been happy either way. Now I've really got to start thinking about names. I had a boy name picked out but we're pretty clueless when it comes to girl names. Luckily we have some time to figure it out.
My appointment on Wednesday was for the first trimester screen, which my OB said is recommended for both low and high risk patients. I fall in the category of low risk since I'm less than 35 and have no other medical complications related to this pregnancy. I was sent to a high risk maternal fetal specialist for this scan. Half the time the OB's office will do the scan, but they sent me to a specialist more as a courtesy since Dr.Fogle's (one of the doctors I work with) sister in law works at this high risk practice. I wasn't going to complain since they're more experienced and have very good ultrasound machines.
For the first trimester screen, they are checking several things on the baby plus doing bloodwork on me. These things in combination with my age gives the risk for trisomy 13, trisomy 18, and trisomy 21. The baby looked good in all three measurements (nuchal translucency, nasal bridge, and blood flow). Yah Baby H! I'm still waiting on a call with the overall results, but given that the measurements were all good and I'm relatively young, I think we'll be just fine. Baby H was so incredibly active!! They wouldn't let me take any video clips unfortunately (due to liability, I suppose). She was by far the most active I've seen her. Very fun. She was turning, kicking, stretching, etc. It's amazing how developed she is- we got to see her fingers and toes, spine, stomach, brain... you name it, we saw it!
Here are the photos!
Feet!
Sorry for the sideways photo. You can see her hand near her face.
I think this may be my favorite. You can even see the stomach... the dark area in the abdomen.
Love those last ones! Glad everything looks great. I think you know more about your baby girl than I know about my two! And I'm no spring chicken. Neat that you're getting all sorts of info! I thought you had some good girl names...???
ReplyDeleteThanks for updating with photos!!!!!!! Keep it coming!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you!! Can't wait to hear names (if you're sharing :))!
ReplyDeleteIt's not that I wouldn't share... I'm just clueless! I change my mind all the time. All my favorite names are super popular, which is not ideal. So we'll see!
DeleteYay!! You will be one amazing momma! I'm so excited for you and happy to be a part of your journey. I already can't wait to go shopping for cute little girl things!
ReplyDeleteShe's amazzzing!
ReplyDelete