7.10.2012

Surprise!

Finally, a reason to post on a regular basis. As you guys know, I'm pregnant (!!!) and I want to keep track of this kiddo as he/she grows.  It's amazing the changes that I've seen already both in the kiddo developing and in how I feel.  I'm 12weeks 4days today, which I realize is still a little on the early side. However, all my scans have been very reassuring so far. Yah! Lots of prayers that God continues to look out for our little one.

So let's back up a little bit.  We were able to share this exciting news with Steve's sister and parents in person when we were out in San Francisco and Eugene at the end of May.  Fun!  Of course, some of my immediate family found out as soon as I had the positive pregnancy test. I'm not good at keeping secrets, especially good ones!

I hope you enjoy all of the ultrasound pics and videoes because there will be plenty.  One of the perks of working at a fertility center!

May 17th (4w6d). The first ultrasound showing that there was a normal gestational sac. No baby to be seen yet.


May 29th (6w5d). The first ultrasound showing the fetal heartbeat. Beating at a strong 128bpm. Such an amazing sight to see! Kiddo (or what is measured as crown-rump length of 7.7mm) was measuring with a due date around January 17th/18th, 2013.


June 7th (7w6d).  Making sure the kiddo is growing appropriately and has a nice strong heartbeat. The heartbeat was 163, measuring 1.45cm with a due date of January 18th. 


June 14th (8w6d).  Hard to go a week without making sure the kiddo is okay and SO exciting to see the changes. Starting to look more like a person and less like a blob of cells. :-) Heartbeat was 165, measuring 2.24cm with a due date of January 18th again. It's offical, that's our date!

Update from June 16th
This pic was taken on Thursday, which was 8 weeks and 6 days. The kiddo's head is at the bottom. You can see the umbilical cord pretty well too. Fun!


Update from June 20th with Video #1 (8w6d)
I will be cheating to try and find out the gender before my 20 week ultrasound. The suspense is killing us!  So far, bets are that it's a boy... at least that's what Sylvie (she probably knows best-she keeps saying boy) and Steve both think. I'm not convinced either way.  If I had to pick, I might say boy too... but who knows?! Anybody else have any guesses?  I think we might need to have a girl now that Peter and Laura are having twin boys... so it's 4 to 1 right now... we need to work on evening it up!
I recommend that you watch the video with no volume.


June 20th (9w1d). Had my first appointment at Piedmont OB-GYN. 

Update #2 from June 20th
Starting to look more and more human by the week! :-). Still measuring with a due date of 1.18. I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time today. It was beating in the 170s. It was truly amazing! For previous scans they have measured the heart beat by the sound waves on ultrasound. The ultrasound machine at my ob's office today was much fancier compared to the ones where I work. I got to see a great view of the brain- you could distinctly see the 2 hemispheres. Crazy!!  Next appt with my OB will be the week of July 9th- I'll be around 12-13 weeks for the trimester screen. Please say prayers that this kiddo is healthy!

You can see arms! He/she was squirming around today! How I loved seeing that!!! :-D



July 9th (12w3d). Couldn't resist getting another scan to make sure the kiddo is doing okay.  I have felt pretty reassured that he/she is doing just fine, especially when I'm not feeling well and vomiting.  Using an abdominal ultrasound probe, you can actually see the kiddo pretty well now. The photos aren't that great so I won't post another photo. But watch this video (my favorite to date). I could have watched this all day long. I think Baby H has the hiccups. That's my only guess. I'll post both videoes because I can't decide which one I like better.
  I recommend that you watch the videos with no volume.

3 comments:

  1. So fun! Love the hiccups - awesome that you're getting all these ultrasounds and videotaping them! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Thank you for posting all this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get rid of the "prove you are not a robot, you must type in the letters and numbers" to post a comment. I hate that. I promise, no robots will be commenting on your blog. You can change this in your account settings.

    ReplyDelete