8.06.2012

16 weeks and counting

Work is getting the best of me lately. At first I thought of all the advantages, such as getting to take a peek at baby girl H whenever I wanted.  Now I'm not so sure.  Half the reason I get my office to scan me every few weeks is because I like to see her and all the changes that she's going through. The other half is for peace of mind to know she's okay.  What comes with the job territory is hearing about all of our patients' losses. One of my favorite patients who was discharged a couple of months ago recently called in tears that she lost her little boy around 18weeks.  This is just one of many stories I hear on a regular basis.  Usually I can separate myself from it and not think of our little girl, but sometimes it can be hard.  

July 30th. 15w3d.  It was harder to see her all in one shot. This was my favorite of the photos... her legs crossed! Love it!
 

I'm overwhelmed trying to figure out what we need for this kiddo- there's a lot to research and I think I might be the most indecisive person on this planet!  Not a good combo, espeically when you're trying to buy the best stuff possible for your first kid.  I feel like everything I research, I end up feeling just as undecided after I read about a certain product.  Good thing we have time (and a sister and sister-in-law with kids).  The one thing that I don't feel undecided about is clothes since I know what I like.  Unfortunately, clothes are low on our need list.  It's one of the few things that I've bought.  I previously bought a couple of gender neutral outfits, although not much for a newborn.  Marilyn provided me with a lot of baby clothes as well, which is much appreciated.  

Anyways, I went to Janie and Jack a couple of weeks ago when they had a big sale to buy girl clothes for the first time!  It's so much more fun now that we know the gender (at least we think we do). I'm restraining myself from buying anymore girl clothes until we have more confirmation that it is in fact a girl.  Ok, so my favorite thing is the bathing suit for a 6-9month baby. I know, not the most practical, but I couldn't resist! I absolutely can't wait to meet (and dress) this little girl!

2 comments:

  1. You have good taste in clothes! Stop being so picky about everything else!

    Baby H doesn't need the best. It costs too much. And she doesn't care. Just be sure you have a safe carseat, diapers, some comfy clothes, and your boobs ready. You'll be fine. ;) [Love you.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe! I second Marilyn's comment!

    ReplyDelete