8.27.2012

Sandestin

Steve and I met my parents down in Sandestin, Florida for a long weekend. We left Wednesday after I got off work and returned on Sunday. It was much needed.  I've had too much stress recently which I know can't be good for baby H.  A combination of work related issues and losing my iphone was too much for me, especially being pregnant. My tolerance for stressful situations is definitely lacking more so now than before I was pregnant. 

I accidentally left my iphone in the bathroom last Monday. I returned 2.5hours later and my phone was nowhere to be found. I checked with building managment, security, the cleaning crew, and everybody who works at my office.  Nobody had it.  Steve even came up to my work late Monday to help search. We looked for about 2-3 hours total.  The app I have on my phone to help find it when it's missing couldn't find my phone. It just said that my phone was "Offline." I figured that wasn't a good sign. I know it's just a phone but it has so much of my day to day life on it. It makes me want to be less dependent on my phone.  I was very sad about losing a voicemail from my Grandfather that he left me before he passed away.  I am also still in my contract with Verizon, so to get another iphone would have cost about $650.  To get their cheapest phone would have been $200.  Tuesday when I got off work, I took Steve's phone up to our main office where I had worked on Monday.  When the iphone app finder on the computer immediately found his phone in my office, I knew my phone couldn't be hiding in the building.  I officially gave up on finding it and had planned on not having a phone for 2 months (until our contract is up), which is tricky considering even my alarms to wake me up every morning are on my phone. 
Anyways, on Wednesday, I received a call from security that they had my phone. Apparently, a lady picked my phone up in the bathroom and tried to turn it in to security but the security officers weren't in the lobby at the time, so she took my phone home with her.  Instead of picking up the phone as people were calling, she actually turned the phone off.  Needless to say, I was thrilled to get my phone back (despite the screen protector has been peeled back and the phone charger isn't easily plugging into my phone anymore).

I won't discuss the work related issues in detail but it's been very stressful.  I've definitely learned a valuable lesson to be less vocal even when I feel certain issues need to be addressed.  I like to give my input and discuss issues when they're not fair, but I guess that's not always the best way to handle things. Steve and my mom have helped me get some perspective.  Going to the beach and stepping away from it has also helped me gain a little perspective.

Here are some photos from our time in Florida.  We were lucky to be there this past weekend before the hurricane hit.  The weather was definitely warm but I thought it was tolerable for the most part.  I couldn't narrow down the photos to a manageable number. I'll keep the photo size small so you can scroll through easily.

On the drive to Sandestin.

We acquired A LOT of baby clothes, both new and old!  Thanks mom and Marilyn! 

Yummiest donuts ever.

This peach pie was to die for. I ate it all weekend. Not too sweet. It was perfect. Good job Mom!
We also ate healthy food (not just sweets all weekend).  I accidentally ate a type of fish (Copia) that's high in mercury but clearly I wasn't aware while I was eating it.  Sorry baby H. :-(

We toured a home that Coastal Living was showing in Rosemary Beach. Over 5,000 square feet. Only costs $2.7 million?!?! Ha!  It was a beautiful home and fun to walk through.  On the walk to the home, we passed Wiggle Lane. I want to live on Wiggle Lane. What a great name!

I didn't take a lot of photos on the home tour. And this one is random. But I love the paint color and how it's white-washed so you can see the grain of the wood underneath the paint color.

Walking on the pier after eating at A.J.s.


I could definitely live at the beach. So relaxing.


Red Snapper.


Walking over a bridge in Watercolor.



Stopped for a coffee at a cafe in Alys Beach.


Post office in Rosemary Beach. Very beautiful.

Dinner at the condo.

Lizard!

Apparently the people who stayed at our condo before us were having a bit too much fun and ruined all the waste baskets.  We had them sitting right outside the front door and a little green frog found them!

After dinner at Cantina Laredo. 19w1d.

We spent a little time at the outlets. We drove along the beach on 30-A. We also spent time at the pool and ocean.  I actually convinced Steve to get in the pool!  I think this is the first time I have ever seen him get in the pool. I don't have any photos at the beach, but my parents and I went to the beach for a swim.  We were lucky that there was no seaweed or jellyfish this past weekend, which isn't always the case. The beach isn't Steve's cup of tea so he spent some time at Starbucks getting some work done on his residency application, which was good.

On the pregnancy front, my nausea has mostly subsided as long as I don't skip meals.  My fatigue isn't so noticeable anymore. Not sure if it's related to getting lots of rest this past weekend or if I'm actually coming out of the sleepy phase of pregnancy.  Although I am leaving behind those icky symptoms, my back is starting to give me trouble. I figured I had at least a couple of months until I'd have to deal with back pain. Not so much.  My upper back is achy and my lower back has shooting pain if I bend at all.  I went for a 20 minute, low resistance bike ride at the gym tonight. Every little bit helps, I suppose (or at least hope)!  It's tolerable at this point and hope it stays tolerable since I'm hoping to work until about 39weeks gestation.  I'm at 19weeks3days today.  20 weeks (or so) to go until I get to meet this little girl who still has no name :-)






2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice little getaway! Sorry about the work issues...no fun...but AWESOME about the phone find! I dropped my phone yet again yesterday and cracked the screen. My office will be thrilled to learn this! Take care of yourself. The "Upsie Belly" by Belly Bandit has helped me a TON...not totally...but a lot...as far as back issues go. Money well spent; but there are cheaper options out there too. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the preggo photos. You look pregnant!!!!! :) I recognize your clothes!

    ReplyDelete