8.15.2012

Growing belly

17w5d. Alrighty, here are photos as requested.  In my scrub top, it's just starting to become noticeable that I'm pregnant- at least for those people that know me.  I'm sure to the patients in my clinic, it's subtle enough for them to think that I just have a big beer gut :-)  In my own clothes, I definitely look pregnant.

Take 1. Steve thought I was trying to push my belly out... I really wasn't.  
Both of these photos were taken before dinner, meaning that my belly can actually look bigger :-)

Take 2. I tried to show him what it looks like when I'm purposefully trying to make my belly look bigger. 

Scary to think that my belly is actually going to get bigger.  Starting this week, I've had to really position myself at night to get comfortable. It's just adjusting to my body (belly) being bigger than it ever has before. There's no my lying on my stomach (this is my preferred sleeping position). Sleeping on your back is not recommended in pregnancy. So that leaves me on my side. I've been propping my belly with pillows and blankets and that makes it much more comfortable.

This evening I exercised for the first time in this pregnancy.  I'm not sure I'd even call it exercising... but I will!  Steve and I went for a walk in our hilly neighborhood.  Woa, I'm out of shape!  We're going to start walking more- I'm aiming for at least 2x weekly if not more, especially as the weather cools off.

I got a sneak peek at Baby Girl H this afternoon. This is the first time somebody has tried to confirm the gender. Laura, the physicians assistant at my office, agreed that it is in fact a girl (although our ultrasound machines don't make it very obvious).  It was good to see Baby H's heart beating nice and strong.  Her limbs have gotten SO long!  Crazy!  I didn't get any good ultrasound photos (although Laura probably took 20 photos)- so none to show for now.


4 comments:

  1. You are braver than I ever was, with these preggo photos! They are totally adorable!

    Do you have a body pillow? That's what helped me a lot. Try the preggo workout dvd. It's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - braver than me too - I never took these kind of pics! And I really have no more than 2 of me with this pregnancy. Very cute! I'm a stomach sleeper too and am sooooooo missing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the second photo! You look so happy and you are rocking that baby belly! ;-)

    ReplyDelete