I can't believe that I'm already 8 weeks into my maternity leave. I
think I'm going to have a hard time going back, especially as Emma
continues changing. I don't want to a miss a thing.
What Emma has been up to...
Emma's subtle smiles have turned into full out smiles. Seeing these smiles just completely makes me melt. I adore them. She tends to smile most in the morning when she wakes up. She loves to give her Daddy smiles when he's making silly faces too.
She is still the queen of the hiccups. She gets the hiccups everyday. They seem more prevalent after she burps but they come randomly as well. We are also getting better at burping her. Often times it can be very hard to get a burp out of her, and occasionally we give up. The pediatrician recommended trying for 5 minutes and if she doesn't burp, there's no need to continue trying. The trick has been lots of position changes and also putting her on her belly.
The weather has been delightful so we've been going for walks around the apartment complex. I usually take her in the stroller but occasionally take her in the Ergo carrier. She LOVES the carrier. She likes to be held and or close to us most of the day. It is one of her favorite nap spots as I move about the apartment. I'm surprised she can sleep as I wash dishes, fold laundry, etc. But it doesn't seem to bother her one bit. She likes the motion.
She rolled from her belly to her back a few times last week. This week she's tried a couple of times to roll but then is unable to. I think last week she was big enough that if she got to her side, her belly/size would carry her fully on her back. She's starting to get longer and a little leaner. So she has less momentum when she gets herself on her side. At least this is our theory :-)
Steve found out Monday that he matched, so now we're just waiting
until tomorrow morning to find out where! I didn't doubt that he would
match for a second, but I know it's got to take a little stress off for
him knowing that he has a spot at one of the schools that he interviewed
at.
Hopefully I"ll be posting more photos very soon! And of course we'll update where we'll be headed for Steve's residency!
Books for 2012
14 years ago




oh my goodness, i adore that sweet smile!! can't wait to hear where y'all are headed (and an early congrats to Steve for matching!)
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute! Time is flying. Can't wait to hang more soon!!!
ReplyDelete