Peeling and grinding A LOT of ginger! And using our new food processor. I wonder how people live without these wonderful machines? Thank you to Steve's grandma!!

Yes, you are looking at 1 cup of ginger! That's some kick!
Licking the bowl clean!

A sad masterpiece with home-made whipped cream! I've never made home-made whipped cream before. Let's just say it was the best part. Even though most of it went to waste, I'll definitely make it again!
Yes, I know, they are pathetic looking. So maybe we did run out of molasses and they are "Ginger and Molasses Cupcakes"- but we were just barely short on the ingredient. Lesson learned. I know baking must be precise and this is why. :-)
For those of you who don't know the reference. "Just call me Bridget" refers to the movie Bridget Jones Diary. Oh, it was such a great scene when she tried to prepare herself a birthday dinner and her friends came over for blue soup, caperberry gravy, and orange marmalade. Ha! I need to watch this movie again- it's been years- and it is my all-time favorite movie!
Whoa that's a lot of ginger! How'd they taste? I read that you can freeze whipped cream -- Idk if that applies to the homemade kind too? Yummm. If things aren't turning out try putting a thermometer in your oven. I've done a couple cookie recipes from Martha that have turned out well in my oven but totally different in my friends'. The only thing we could figure is that her oven wasn't at or staying at the right temp. But hey, as long as they're edible, right?
ReplyDeletePS Agreed, BJD is such a great movie! haha
Yea gotta love Bridget Jones - I always think of how she always left packing until last minute (like me :))
ReplyDelete