2.14.2010

Let It Snow!

As I was getting ready for work on Friday night, Steve and the weatherman ensured me there wasn't that much snow on the ground. Then I walked outside to at least 3-4 inches on the ground and on my car! Being the dedicated nurse that I am, I ventured into work. Although the road was icy in our apartment parking lot, the main roads were only a little slushy. Unfortunately when my 12 hour shift should have been over, only one nurse from the day shift came in. We were all stuck there with free hospital food for breakfast. :-l Eventually some of the nurses trickled in so that we were able to leave at around 11:15am. Ok, I know it doesn't sound like THAT long of a time, but let me tell you that my legs felt like lead weights and my thought process was just a bit delayed. 16+ hours is too much when you're on your feet, working with laboring women! After I came home and played in the snow for a few minutes, I made a new record for the longest I've slept. 17 hours, with only waking up one time! If anybody doubted a Matthews ability to sleep, I think I've proved them wrong!

The wintery wonderland! Did I mention that I LOVE snow?!

Look who has the snow brush/ ice scraper in her hand!
At least I can pretend I did all the work, right?! ;-)

Look at the snow on the branches! That is some serious snow for the South!

I like Steve's "cold" face!

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody!
Isn't this quite a treat for when I came home from work?!
I definitely married a keeper!

And how can I forget to mention that Steve cleaned the whole apartment, got me a deluxe breakfast from Whole Foods, and baked me cookies! Then, I woke up today to a Valentine's Day present! For more snow photos, check out my Picasa page.

2 comments:

  1. Meghan, Yes. Keeper, indeed. Crazy about the sleep, but totally understandable. I like 9-10 hours a night, myself. Now that Sylvie is sleeping through the night, I can do it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete