I made a brief trip home this weekend to see my family. I had such a great time seeing everybody! This past fall I gained a full appreciation of being in Memphis for the first time in my life. I've always loved adventuring to new places, which I still do, but now I enjoy being home just as much.
My trusty little BMW wagon has taken me on so many adventures and kept me safe as can be over the years. For those of you that don't know, I am quite attached to my wagon and how it drives. I've been everywhere with it for the past 10 years. Last night was my first scare with my wagon.
As I was driving back to Atlanta, I was on the little stretch of road before you hit I-20 in Birmingham. As I was changing gears, my car just completely shut off. I was driving at least 20-25mph when I came to a complete halt. Of course I was changing lanes too. So there I sat between two lanes, blocking all traffic, unable to move my car. I sat there praying that I wouldn't get hit while I unsuccessfully tried to start it. A random guy wandering the streets came to help me. He tried pushing my car out of the way. No luck since I was on a hill, facing upward. I was on a bridge with nowhere to go. The clutch was acting funny, as were the brakes. Good times! After trying for minutes to start my car, it decided to work. I drove in the same gear the rest of the way home. Thank God this did not happen on the highway- that would have been serious trouble!
So my car is in to see the doctor today. It has a few other problems. I hope this is not the end of my wagon. If the bill is too expensive, it might be. For now I'll keep my fingers crossed, and hope for the best!
Books for 2012
14 years ago
Very happy you made it home safely. :) And if it is Adieu to the car, so be it. There are worse things. You might be a newfound Honda lover.
ReplyDeleteMiss you already. It was great to see you. So thankful you made it home without further incident... XO
ReplyDeleteVery thankful you made it home...
ReplyDeleteomg! glad you're safe! (and hondas are pretty great cars too) -- or there's always a bike :) simple mechanics and powered by cookies & ice cream...
ReplyDelete