Quick update about Stevie. I had an appointment with Dr.Lawson last Wednesday at 35w5d. My fundal height is measuring at 36weeks, so it seems that she's growing well. Her heart rate was about 145. The main point of the visit was to check for group B strep, which is pretty common. It has no effect on moms but can have very adverse effects on babies. So if you're positive for it, you get treated with antibiotics in labor. I'll find out at my next visit if I'm positive for it. My cervix is dilated a tiny bit (still less than 1cm though). She checked my cervix since I had a fair amount of crampiness/contractions and felt pressure the day before. I don't feel like she's dropped though- since her butt is still pressing into my ribs. She's kicking like crazy. It's really not that uncomfortable- although it does surprise me sometimes. It's fun feeling her move. I really love it. I'm so ready to meet her!!
Before my appointment on Wednesday, I had Laura (the physician's assistant at my office) do an ultrasound so we could confirm her position and see if I could get a good photo of her. We did confirm that her head is still down. However, we couldn't get any profile pictures of her due to her position.
I am starting to go in on a weekly basis now that I've hit the 36week mark. I'll keep the updates coming if there's any new news to share!
Books for 2012
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment